This year’s Karaokeplane will be an held at Tavern at Turner Hall , a 140-year-old bar and restaurant located in Turner Hall, a National Historic Landmark. The Tavern combines classic German architecture, Milwaukee’s music history, and historic murals to create a uniquely atmosphere.
The good folks from OHO Interactive have procured a karaoke DJ for this evening for the exclusive use of HighEdWeb attendees. Be sure to visit their booth during the conference to learn more about the event and to receive tickets for the event good for a free drink from the bar.
Tuesday, October 15, 2019
From 9:30 PM to close
Tavern at Turner Hall
The Tavern is located approximately three blocks north of the Milwaukee City Center Hilton.
Starting in 2010, Karaokeplane was born of a hashtag typo (#karaokeplan) and is an unofficial karaoke outing at the Higher Education Web Professional Association’s annual conference. It’s grown from 30 attendees to nearly 200 from across the country, and promises a flight of fun, friendship, and singalongs.
Karaokeplane Flight Crew
- Larry Falck
- Chris D’Orso
- Kara Sassone
- Brian Panulla
- Jeff Stevens (ex officio)
In honor of our seventh annual Karaokeplane, we have commemorative shirts available! Celebrate our 5/7 Tour for only $15.00.
These orders have to be put in by Tuesday, September 26, so be sure to order today by Monday night!
Looking forward to seeing you in Hartford!
Now boarding for Karaokeplane!
Our 2017 flight will take place at the Arch Street Tavern in Hartford Connecticut on Tuesday, October 10th starting at 9:30 pm. A few details:
- This years Karaokeplane is hosted by the fine folks from OHO Interactive – they’ve got some goodies intended for you, so be sure to go by their booth during the HighEdWeb conference and thank them.
- Being able to sing is not necessary – we welcome people of any skill level, or those that just choose to come and dance or talk or form a conga line – we’re just happy to have you here!
- This year, we have our very own DJ coming in from the Amherst area of Massachusetts, so we will not be competing with the locals for his attention. Don’t get me wrong – I love to hear the local talent, but I know last year we had some disappointed attendees who weren’t able to sing because of the crowd (and payola).
- Departure: The first group to karaokeplane will depart from the Big Social event at around 9:15. Look for the #karaokeplane on Twitter to find out where we’ll meet.
- New this year – sing-along! To get the crowd into the mood, we’ve got some planned singalongs for that first crowd heading to Arch Street. Look for your Karaoke Flight Crew to help hand lyrics sheets out!
In the event of a water landing, your microphone will not serve as a flotation device. But it will serve you should you decide to sing ‘Under the Sea.’
Your Flight Crew
Pilot: Jeff Stevens
Co-Pilot: Larry Falck
Your flight crew for the event is Jeff Stevens (@kuratowa
) and Larry Falck (@lfalck
This year is the 40th anniversary or Star Wars. To celebrate, Karaokeplane is taking a spin in the fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy.
Getting a button is easier than targeting a womp rat in a T-16 back home. We’ll have 100 buttons to give away to our first 100 attendees. So get there early, and may the force be with you.
This year we have commemorative Karaokeplane t-shirts! Celebrate the first seven years of Karaokeplane with out 5/7 Tour shirts. Shirts come in fashionable aubergine (as close to Pantone Prince as I can get) and are $15.00 ($17.00 for 2xl and 3xl sizes).
How to order.
- Go to this Google Doc and enter your name and desired shirt size (If at all possible we will try and get women’s cut shirts for those that request it – otherwise they will be standard T-shirt sizes).
- Send a PayPal payment to email@example.com.